Re: [ESD-translators] German

From: Thérèse Godefroy
Subject: Re: [ESD-translators] German
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 16:59:39 +0200

Le 23/04/2024 à 16:27, Ruedin Etienne a écrit :
Hello Thérèse

Thank you very much.

If I understand it well
- one message has o be translated from en > de
- I have to replace ß by ss completely
- I have to correct in one case Edwards e-mail address (edward-de instead
edward-den)

How is the best way to do that? Directly in the enc repo? If yes, how to access
it? (I have some understanding from html and git.)

Best regards
Etienne

[...]

To get the new version of your PO file you need to clone the enc repo:

  git clone https://vcs.fsf.org/git/enc.git/

The PO file is at the root of the directory. It is called 'esd-de.po'.
This is the only file you should edit, as the HTML will be regenerated
from it.

Did you ask for write access to this repo? If you didn't, you'll find
instructions here:

  https://libreplanet.org/wiki/GPG_guide/Translation_Guide#Getting_started

When you have write access, you may need to re-clone the repo with

  git clone git@vcs.fsf.org:enc.git
  (This may work without write access, but I have no way of checking.)

In the meantime, you will need to send the edited PO as an attachment,
and I will take care of it.

Note: You *don't* need to "set up your local development environment"!
If your working directory is correct, your browser will correctly render
the pages. You don't need a web server for this.

Good luck!
Thérèse