[ESD-translators] Security-related changes in version 4.0

From: Thérèse Godefroy
Subject: [ESD-translators] Security-related changes in version 4.0
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2019 14:01:04 +0100

Hello all,

You may have noticed a few changes in version 4, dating back to June
2018. Some are minor (typos, etc.), but a few are related to security
issues in older versions of GnuPG and Enigmail. It would be really nice
if these changes appeared in all translations. The most important
strings are:

* There are major security flaws in versions of GnuPG prior to 2.2.8,
and Enigmail prior to 2.0.7. Make sure you have GnuPG 2.2.8 and Enigmail
2.0.7, or later versions.

* There are major security flaws in versions of GnuPG provided by
GPGTools prior to 2018.3. Make sure you have GPGTools 2018.3 or later.

* There are major security flaws in Enigmail prior to version 2.0.7.
Make sure you have Enigmail 2.0.7 or later.

* There are major security flaws in versions of GnuPG provided by
GPG4Win prior to 3.1.2. Make sure you have GPG4Win 3.1.2 or later.

I can regenerate the translated pages if you wish, even if the PO isn't
completely updated. I was also thinking of adding the English strings to
translations that are not maintained anymore (e.g., version 3).
WDYT?

By the way, I think we can remove the note about unavailability of GnuPG
2.2.8 in Debian stable and testing. The current version in Buster
(testing) and Stretch (backport) is 2.2.12.

All the best,
Thérèse