tech-volunteer-meeting

Re: Update 2022-02-01

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Update 2022-02-01
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 10:22:12 -0700

Bob Proulx wrote:
> Andrew Engelbrecht wrote:
> > I'm not sure what the solution is, but here's a description of the error
> > message from the hg source code:
>
> Thanks for finding the source of this in the source.  This is tickling
> some vague memories of a problem we ran into years ago.  It's too bad
> Trisquel doesn't keep an archive of historical package releases but
> both Debian and Ubuntu do.  I think I will line up these packages with
> those from the Ubuntu archive and see if this change is one that went
> in right after the last working version we are using.  It might be.

Update!

    09:11 <thomzane> rwp: deb http://oldarchive.trisquel.info/trisquel/
toutatis main
    09:59 <rwp> thomzane, Yay!  That works!  I don't need to go all of the way
back to toutatis but it works for belenos which is where I need to investigate
versions.
    10:09 <thomzane> Glad it works!

That gets me access to the versions needing investigation on this
problem.  Yay!  I gave it a quick look and it's definitely related.
This gets me pretty much on top of the problem.  But because this
makes things a bigger task I am going to postpone this until finishing
the other work on bzr, frontend, MariaDB, and so forth.

Bob