Re: [ESD-translators] Translations need updating

From: Thérèse Godefroy
Subject: Re: [ESD-translators] Translations need updating
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 21:41:16 +0100

Le 17/12/2022 à 18:02, Besnik Bleta a écrit :

Hello!

On Fri, 16 Dec 2022 10:31:27 +0100
Thérèse Godefroy <godef.th@free.fr> wrote:

Happy updating!

All the best,
Thérèse

I followed the usual step for sq and I’m doing a last check
using git diff. For the next_steps.html it returns a change
for which I not sure:

-value="https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/sq/confirmation.html";
name="postURL"
+value="https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en/confirmation.html";
name="postURL"

Should that be /en/ (copied probably by me over /sq/) or should
all URLs of that kind be relative to locale directory of a language?

Best,
Besnik

Hello Besnik,

Thanks for detecting this bug! It also affects fr, ru and tr (and plenty
more 'old' translations). This probably happened because we all
copy-pasted this ugly string without noticing that the link needed to be
localized.

It would be much safer to use a local URL:
value="../confirmation.html"
I'm going to edit next_steps.html unless someone thinks this wouldn't
work.

All the best,
Thérèse