Re: [ESD-translators] Using git

From: Thérèse Godefroy
Subject: Re: [ESD-translators] Using git
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 21:23:57 +0100

Le 17/12/2022 à 18:15, Wojciech Zaręba a écrit :
Hello,

I have a pretty basic question: is the only branch used for push and pull is master? Should I just make all the changes I make for the Polish language in master and just push? No acceptance? No merge?

Regards

Wojciech Zaręba

Hello Wojciech,

Yes, there is only one branch because "enc" is a development repo. There
is no acceptance, and no merge (except if you forget to pull before you
push). :)

You can commit a partially updated PO file if you wish. We usually start
commit messages with the language code:
"pl: ..."

When the translated pages are ready to publish, you should say so on the
list. One of the persons who have write access to the "enc-live" repo
will copy them there, and add the list of languages. Then your
translation will appear on emailselfdefense.fsf.org.

In the meantime, you can check it on the development server:
https://enc-dev0.fsf.org/LANG/ [1]
(No need to set up a local Apache server!)

All the best,
Thérèse

[1] https://libreplanet.org/wiki/GPG_guide/Translation_Guide