Re: [ESD-translators] Someone working on German as translated language?

From: Thérèse Godefroy
Subject: Re: [ESD-translators] Someone working on German as translated language?
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2021 14:52:27 +0200

Le 03/08/2021 à 11:55, Andreas Grupp a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'm new here, and I would volunteer for a German translation of the
> Email Self-Defense guide. Is there already someone working on that?
>
> Regards, Andreas

Hello Andreas,

Welcome, and thanks for joining the gang!

Several peole have worked on previous versions of ESD:
- Fabian Egli <fabian.egli@biol.ethz.ch> in 2019 (version 4)
- raffael <rr@fsfe.org> in 2014 and 2015 (versions 2 and 3)
- Silvan Jegen <s.jegen@gmail.org> in 2014  (version 2)
- Gabriel Pérez-Cerezo <gabriel@gpcf.eu> in 2014 (version 2)

The old translation is here: https://enc-dev0.fsf.org/old/de/

We now use the PO format to make updating easier. Each language has one
PO, which contains the English strings and their translations for all 5
pages.

The German PO file is at the root of the Git repo:
https://enc-dev0.fsf.org/esd-de.po

You can readily see which strings need updating (they are marked fuzzy)
and which ones are not translated. The obsolete strings are commented
out at the bottom. Some of them may still be useful.

You may have read the Translation Guide already, but here is the link
just in case:
https://libreplanet.org/wiki/GPG_guide/Translation_Guide

Happy translating!
Thérèse