Re: [ESD-translators] Interested to contribute to FSF Project#3 - Outrea

From: kukkadapu sushma
Subject: Re: [ESD-translators] Interested to contribute to FSF Project#3 - Outreachy 2018
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 17:30:33 +0530

Hi,

Yes, I have been through the site: https://enc-dev0.fsf.org and also finished "Setting ENIGMAIL and GPG" and understood how this works.
I have an intention of translating to "Hindi language" - as it's our national language.

> Regarding teaming up - I have no issues, but as you said Molly must tell if that's possible.

Thank you :)

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 4:30 PM, Thérèse Godefroy <address@hidden> wrote:
Le 14/03/2018 11:05, kukkadapu sushma a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am Sushma K, from India. Currently final year undergrad in CS stream.
>
> _My skills_
>
> Github: Advance
> HHTML/CSS/JS : Advance
> NLP Translations: Medium
>
> I have finished configuring GPG key fingerprint and also sent an
> encrypted email to mentor - Molly. (can someone confirm her email id --
> I would like to cross check)
>

> Also, want to know how to begin my proposal and record my contributions.
> (I don't see any public repo of codes to contribute to Project#3 - Email
> self defense guide update).
>
> Thankyou,
>
> --
> K Sushma

Hello Sushma,

Thanks a lot for volunteering. I assume you plan to translate Email
Self-Defense into your own language. Yesterday, another CS student from
India volunteered for the same project. In the event his/her native
language is the same as yours, would you consider forming a team with
this person? This would of course have to be discussed with Molly.

The Email Self-Defense translation project has a Git repository that is
served publicly to the web at https://enc-dev0.fsf.org. If you unfold
the language list, you will see all the current translations. Some of
them are marker "TIP" (translation in progress), and one of these TIPs
is the Malayalam translation. It would be great if Malayalam happened to
be your native language!

We look forward to working with you.

Best regards,
Thérèse