tech-volunteer-meeting

Bob's Guide to System Upgrades With Debian

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Bob's Guide to System Upgrades With Debian
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 09:01:19 -0600

I promised that I would write up the way I prepare a system for doing
an upgrade.  It is the preparation that ensures that an upgrade flows
smoothly or has problems.  I have added this to the Savannah documentation.

    Bob's Guide to System Upgrades With Debian
    and Debian based systems such as Trisquel, Ubuntu, Mint

    https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/BobsGuideToSystemUpgrades/

In particular I describe the problem of "obsolete conffiles".  How to
check for them.  How to resolve them.

Bob