tech-volunteer-meeting

Re: Update 2022-02-01

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Update 2022-02-01
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 12:47:19 -0700

Andrew Engelbrecht wrote:
> I'm not sure what the solution is, but here's a description of the error
> message from the hg source code:

Thanks for finding the source of this in the source.  This is tickling
some vague memories of a problem we ran into years ago.  It's too bad
Trisquel doesn't keep an archive of historical package releases but
both Debian and Ubuntu do.  I think I will line up these packages with
those from the Ubuntu archive and see if this change is one that went
in right after the last working version we are using.  It might be.

There is enough other work to keep us busy before needing to address
this problem directly.  Have to do so eventually.  But I am going to
let it sit for a while and try to catch up on the other work such as
bzr and MariaDB first.  Pick the lower hanging fruit first.  And then
circle back around to this.

Thanks!
Bob