Re: [ESD-translators] Typos Re: Substantial update to the Email Self-Def

From: Thérèse Godefroy
Subject: Re: [ESD-translators] Typos Re: Substantial update to the Email Self-Defense guide
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 18:49:38 +0100

On 15/12/2022 18:40, Thérèse Godefroy wrote:
Hello Tom,

Le 03/12/2022 à 14:26, Tom a écrit :
I also found another unmatched quote in Step 4.b Troubleshooting:
 > This usually means you imported the key with the "unaccepted (unverified) option."

It should be "Accepted (unverified)". I found it when I recheck my translation with Localize Mozilla (https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird/).

I agree that there is no "unaccepted (unverified)" option, but you
don't need to verify a key in order to encrypt a message with it. You
only need to accept it.

In the version of Thunderbird I am using (102.5.0), the dialog is:
Do you accept this key for verifying digital signatures and for encrypting messages?
- No, reject this key.
- Not yet, maybe later.
- Yes, but I have not verified that it is the correct key.
- Yes, I've verified in person this key has the correct fingerprint.

I think "unaccepted (unverified)" refers to the first 2 options. It should probably read "unaccepted".

Best,
Thérèse

In the import dialog, the exact wording is "Not accepted (undecided)".