Re: [ESD-translators] Synchronizing enc and enc-live

From: T. E. Kalayci
Subject: Re: [ESD-translators] Synchronizing enc and enc-live
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 07:44:58 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Thérèse,

Thanks for the reminder, I added source package to the Turkish folder.

I don't mean to intrude but I would like to share my humble opinion for 2nd point: I think we are currently using (a kind of?) fork strategy. Maybe we should use two branches in the same repository to simplify the translation and deployment process. We can use develop (or similar named) branch as default branch for pushing the translations, which will be automatically deployed to the staging  and someone with more access (from FSF) can merge it to the main branch when the translation or update is ready (and reviewed & confirmed), which will be automatically deployed to the live website. At least this is how I would do it personally. (Of course this proposal assumes that we have different roles for accessing different branches and merges in the git installation and that deployment is done somehow easily and automatically through the repository :) ).

Best,
Emre

Jul 23, 2021, 19:09 by godef.th@free.fr:
Hi all,

1)
Emre, the Turkish translation is almost ready to go live. The only thing
it still needs is a source package.

2)
Synchronizing enc and enc-live is becoming a problem. Translators have
always assumed that the working repo was enc, including for the English
version. But it doesn't seem to be that way anymore: recent fixes were
done in enc-live, without synchronizing enc with it. As a result,
translators had an outdated English version to work with. It took me
some time to find out, and eventually synchronize the repos.

Fortunately, fixing typos doesn't affect translations, but next time we
may not be that lucky. So, I think we should decide once and for all on
a workflow, and stick to it.

Best,
Thérèse