[ESD-translators] Email Self Defense guide overhaul

From: Zoë Kooyman
Subject: [ESD-translators] Email Self Defense guide overhaul
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 19:54:11 +0200

Hi everyone,

We (Greg, FSF campaigns manager, and myself) are working on the Email
Self Defense guide.
We are going into our annual summer fundraiser, and as part of that we
will publish the update.

As you may know, Enigmail is no longer a feasible option for GPG, so we
are currently going through the steps of the different OS's to help
people create a GPG key from scratch and then using it with Thunderbird
or IceDove.

We will aim to keep the texts that can stay the same, the same, but it
does mean there will be some substantial changes to the ESD guide
affecting translation in a pretty serious way too.

We're working on it now, which means we can take people's thoughts as well.
If you have anything you would like us to think of or integrate, we're
open to suggestions and we'll see if we can integrate them!

Kind regards,

Zoe

--
Zoë Kooyman // Program Manager