[ESD-translators] privacy on the keyservers

From: Tomas Stary
Subject: [ESD-translators] privacy on the keyservers
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 10:15:10 +0200

Hi,

I have just thought more about the privacy on the keyservers.

My worry is that when you sign keys of your friends and upload them to
the keyserver, everyone now knows who do you communicate with.

On the other hand, if you sign keys of complete strangers (although you
check their ID, access to the email), and they turn out to be evil, you
might be associated with them.

You might protect yourself against that by never uploading the keys to
the keyserver, but then the network of trust is loosing the point.

What is your view on that? Shouldn't that be more emphasized in the esd
guide?

Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to remove the key from the
keyserver other than revoke the key. I'm not expert on that, but
according the new European regulation GDPR, someone who stores private
data must allow users to delete data about them.

Cheers,
Tomas