Re: [ESD-translators] Slides for workshop in Prague

From: Tomas Stary
Subject: Re: [ESD-translators] Slides for workshop in Prague
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2018 23:04:45 +0200

1. you might want to access encrypted emails on your phone

2. GPG is simple and well tested technology

3. signal and telegram are centralised technology, while GPG can be used
on any data and decentralised services like email, I would also like to
set it up for chat on XMPP. This is important, because it provides more
censorship resistence (telegram actually censors some groups [1]). (I
don't know what matrix is)

[1] https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/telegram-censoring-isis/

4. you can use web-of-trust to assess validity of certificates