Re: [ESD-translators] ESD guide proposal (translation, video, new infogr

From: Ineiev
Subject: Re: [ESD-translators] ESD guide proposal (translation, video, new infographics) for Outreachy
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2018 11:05:14 -0400

Hi, Kateryna;

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 03:31:56PM +0200, Kateryna Razumova wrote:
> In this email I want to summarize my contribution for "Updating the
> Email Self-Defense Guide" Outreachy project.
>
> First of all, I made a patch changing the text of a web page (attached).
> Secondly, I created a xetex printable version of the first page of the
> infographics: https://github.com/KateRazumova/esd_guide
> After that I made several posts reasoning what should I do (from my
> point of view):
> https://medium.com/p/proposal-for-outreachy-project-sketches-for-new-infographics-esd-guide-8287c12a61c5

I wonder whether it would make sense to show different kinds of spies
as well as different users. some people would happily let their
government find out anything about them (not sure about foreign
governments), but are concerned about commercial surveillance;
whereas many other people have the exactly opposite attitude.

> https://medium.com/p/proposal-for-outreachy-project-a-small-survey-on-esd-guide-infographics-usability-bdb7af8d4cca
> * one my friend said that he doesn’t want to install unknown apps because
> they could be malicious.

Perhaps he already has GnuPG installed: after all, GnuPG is _the_ way
to avoid malicious apps.