Re: [ESD-translators] [gnu.org #1198491] Chinese translation for ESD

From: Thérèse Godefroy
Subject: Re: [ESD-translators] [gnu.org #1198491] Chinese translation for ESD
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 18:00:22 +0200

Hello Tom,

Le 01/09/2017 12:35, Tom a écrit :
> It is work! But I find that the generated files are not contain
> translated part.

When I regenerate your files, some them are completely untranslated
(confirmation.html, infographic.html, next_steps.html) but the rest has
some Chinese sentences.

There are 2 reasons why English strings would remain in the generated HTML:
- The translated strings are not in the PO.
- The original was modified since the PO was made, and the modified
strings are "fuzzy".

Both things happened in your case: you didn't add all the translated
strings to the PO, and one English string was modified by Molly as a
test. (In fact, she should have made the same change in index.html,
mac.html and windows.html.)

To update your PO to the English version, you should run:
$ make esd-zh-hans.po.update && mv esd-zh-hans.po.update esd-zh-hans.po

Then, search for "fuzzy" and update the translation.

Best,
Thérèse