Re: [ESD-translators] Workflow with the .zip source package

From: Thérèse Godefroy
Subject: Re: [ESD-translators] Workflow with the .zip source package
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 08:10:29 +0200

Hi Tomas,

Le 17/04/2016 22:42, Tomas Nordin a écrit :
> Hi
>
> I am working on the Swedish translation. I could not sign up to this
> list when I started but now I realized it is possible, great.
>
> For working on the source images in the .zip package, I feel inclined to
> make a copy of the zip file to outside the repo. Then unzip it, do my
> work until it is completely done, zip it and then yank it back into the
> repo.
>
> I mean, I would move it out of the repo not to clutter the repo with
> unzipped files.
>
> Is this workflow familiar to you, or is there a better way?

Your workflow seems fine. You can also create a local branch and work
there if you want to keep track of modifications, but don't push the
complete branch. Just cherry-pick the final result to master.

In general, we don't push the zipped package before both svg's and
Edward's messages are ready. Of course, a corrected version can be
pushed later on if needed.

Images (unzipped) also have to be pushed to the img and svg directories
of the static module. You will need to create "sv" subdirectories there.
Check the "en" subdir for the exact structure.

Best,
Thérèse