fsf-translators

Re: Help others find free software: Watch and share *Escape to Freedom*

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: Help others find free software: Watch and share *Escape to Freedom*
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 17:06:25 +0900

Devin just mentioned the other day that there was this narration translation to
Spanish to review.

For people who are more used to dealing with subtile files (.vtt for ex.) Greg
just sent the info:

> On Jun 29, 2022, at 10:40, Greg Farough, FSF <info@fsf.org> wrote:
>
> ## Subtitles and translations
> Help us translate to many different languages so we can share
> this video across the globe! Translation [drafts and the how-to
> explanation][24] can be found on our the LibrePlanet wiki. Once you have
> finalized a translation, email <campaigns@fsf.org> and we will
> publish it.
>
> **Subtitle files:** [English][25] | [Spanish][26]
>
> [24]: https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:FSF/Escape-to-Freedom/Translation
> [25]:
> https://static.fsf.org/nosvn/videos/escape-to-freedom/captions/escape-to-freedom_en.vtt
> [26]:
> https://static.fsf.org/nosvn/videos/escape-to-freedom/captions/escape-to-freedom_es.vtt

The time codes are already in the file so working from there instead of from an
ODT file will remove the need to split the ODT strings into valid subtitles.

The French GNU translation group at April has already provided the ODT
translation and I just suggested "us" that we convert it (split it) according
to the vtt file above.

Also, is there a group of people who work on the Japanese here ?

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @brandelune
https://mac4translators.blogspot.com