Re: [ESD-translators] Collaboration on Translating the Email Self-Defens

From: Thérèse Godefroy
Subject: Re: [ESD-translators] Collaboration on Translating the Email Self-Defense Guide into German
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2024 12:21:06 +0200

Hello Dennis,

Le 21/07/2024 à 15:19, Dennis Butz a écrit :
Hello everyone,

I am planning to translate the Email Self-Defense Guide into German. Is there anyone interested in working on this project with me?

Best regards, Dennis

Thanks for volunteering, and welcome aboard!

Email Self-Defense has been translated to Swiss German by Etienne Ruedin
<ruedin@iww.ch>. The translation is available on the development
server [0]. It isn't published yet because hasn't been proofread. Would
you like to help with this? If so, you will need to subscribe to this
mailing list, and get write access to the Git development repo. The
instructions are in the translation guide [1].

In one of his messages to the mailing list, Etienne Ruedin commented on
the specificities of Swiss German:

> If anyone proofreads the texts: I have used de_ch. Compared to de_de
> or de_at, there are some small differences in vocabulary (words that
> are more common in the south than in the north and vice versa) and the
> word e-mail is neuter here, while it is feminine further north. It's
> probably like American and British English. Furthermore, we do not
> write ß, but always ss.

Please note that HTML pages are generated from a PO file [2]. This is
what needs to be proofread.

I noticed that one string remains untranslated, and that some of the ß
haven't been converted to ss.

All the best,

Thérèse
(French translator)