[ESD-translators] mailvelope Re: pEp

From: Tomas Stary
Subject: [ESD-translators] mailvelope Re: pEp
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 21:17:52 +0200

Hi people,

It has been brought to my attention, that many of my friends use
webmail. The concept of an email client is slowly becoming obsolete.
When I send the link to ESD website to one of my friends, she replied:

"""
I tried to activate mail encryption, but from add-ons on my gmail, there
is no option for "Enigmail", as described on the website you sent to me.
"""

Trying to teach those people about email clients besides of teaching
them encryption would only add to their confusion. However, I have
recently found the mailvelope browser extension (for firefox and
chrome), which integrates the encryption in webmail.

https://www.mailvelope.com/

They have pretty good documentation on the website, but it is only in
English, German and Japanese.

What is your opinion on (1) mailvelope as such (2) including a manual to
mailvelope to ESD website?

Best,

T.

Tomas Stary: