Re: [ESD-translators] Email Self-Defense: the French translation has bee

From: Zak Rogoff
Subject: Re: [ESD-translators] Email Self-Defense: the French translation has been updated to version 4
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 14:22:36 -0500

On 02/08/2016 01:12 AM, Ineiev wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 05, 2016 at 01:36:38PM +0100, Thérèse Godefroy wrote:
>>
>> I would very much like to see them on the test
>> server, though. As mentioned earlier, all I get is "Forbidden".
>
> Agreed. I believe this would've been helpful
> for the Turkish translation (and I can speak for sure
> for the Russian one).
>
> Funny enough, the graphics seem to go directly from master
> to the live website, so I wounder why can't the translators
> just update their texts without much overhead; for example,
> the French translators could put down the fundraiser (to say
> nothing of updating the versions of the translations in the header).

Yes, this is a good point. Overall, the system for publishing and
reviewing the translations needs work so that it is efficient and
sensible for translators -- right now there is a lot of overhead and
difficulty that's unnecessary.

This week I'm going to work on improving the situation, and I'll also
publish the new French version. I'll keep everyone updated and might
send around some ideas of new repo structure for your review.

--
Zak Rogoff // Campaigns Manager
Free Software Foundation