info-fsf

[FSF] Technological power should be held by all users of a technology.

To: info-fsf@fsf.org
Subject: [FSF] Technological power should be held by all users of a technology.
From: "Benj. Mako Hill" <info@fsf.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 11:55:26 -0500
As our lives become increasingly mediated by technology,
the question of who controls technology becomes another
way of asking "Who controls us?"

As computers play an increasingly important role in the
way we communicate, the people who control the software
that runs on computers play an increasingly important
role in determining what we can say, how we can say it,
who we can say it to, and when we can say it.

Control over technology is power.

The Free Software Foundation continues to play a central
and critical role in this struggle.

Read my appeal online now at: http://www.fsf.org/appeal

And join me by becoming a financial supporter of this great
organization, today. http://www.fsf.org/jm

Thanks,

Benjamin Mako Hill